Welcome to Owensboro Regional Recovery
Owensboro Regional Recovery Center (ORR) is a Recovery Kentucky men's substance abuse facility which is modeled after Louisville's Healing Place and Lexington's Hope Center. The average length of time to complete the program is 6-12 months. What makes this model successful is its Peer-Driven Community along with the transitional phase back into society.
If a person is interested in being admitted to ORR, he must first contact SOS staff to complete a telephone screening. The phone number is 270-689-0905 ext. 2117. If a person is incarcerated, the SOS Coordinator may make arrangements with the jail to speak to the person over the phone. In cases where this is not possible, a mail-in screener may be accepted.
In order to be eligible to receive services at ORR, the person must be:
• Male, age 18 or older
• Able to care for himself daily without assistance
• Able to “trudge” up to 2 miles round trip daily
• Not currently taking any of the medications prohibited by Recovery Kentucky
• Have at least a 30 day supply of any necessary allowed medications upon admission to ORR
• Have no court dates or outside appointments within 30 days
• Meet eligibility requirements for Section 8 or tax credit housing
• Have or be able to obtain a Social Security card and picture ID.
• If being referred by the court a copy of the person’s criminal history will be required in order to determine appropriateness for admission
Once a person has been screened and is determined to be appropriate for admission, he will be placed on the waiting list. He or his designated representative (attorney, social worker, family member, etc…) will be required to contact the SOS Coordinator by phone, letter, or email each week. Failure to maintain weekly contact will result in removal from the waiting list.
When a bed comes open, the SOS Coordinator will contact the person or his designated representative. A bed will be held for no longer than 48 hours.
Upon admission to ORR, residents are allowed to bring the following items:
- 2 Changes of Clothes 2 Pairs of shoes
- 3 Pairs of Underwear 3 Pairs of socks
- 1 Pair of Shower shoes 1 Coat/Jacket/Hooded Sweatshirt
- 1 Pair of Gloves 1 Hat/baseball cap/sock cap
- 2 Towels, 2 Washcloths 1 mesh laundry bag
Cigarettes and lighter No more than $15 in cash
Books (must be religious material or recovery related material only)
Toiletry items (shampoo, soap, deodorant, razor, shaving cream)
Photo ID and Social Security card or money necessary to obtain an ID
Residents are NOT ALLOWED to have the following items:
Weapons including pocket knives, alcohol or drugs, candles, cell phones, I-Pods, MP3 players, or any other electronic devise,
non-recovery related or non-religious reading material, pornography or material displaying nudity, gang related material, drug paraphernalia or any item or material that glamorizes drug use.
Residents are responsible for keeping up with their own property, money, etc…